About K A P I
The Katipunan Arkeologist ng Pilipinas, Inc. (KAPI) is a non-stock, non-profit guild of professional archaeologists founded in June 1999 by members of the archaeological community in the Philippines. Since its first General Assembly, membership has grown to include professional from other parts of the world with an interest in Philippine archaeology, as well as non-professionals who have made significant contributions to the field.
- To promote and spearhead the interest and research in archaeological science in the Philippines;
- To advocate for the protection, conservation, and preservation of archaeological and cultural resources in the Philippines in accordance with the National Museum System Act (RA 8482);
- To promote a liberating educating through public awareness in the importance of our archaeological and cultural heritages;
- To publish and encourage the publication of the results of archaeological research in the country;
- To foster collegiality among archaeologists working in the Philippines;
- To promote and abide by the Code of Ethics in Archaeology; and
- To foster dialogue through consultation, conference and meetings with other International Archaeological Societies and/or individuals.