About K A P I
The Katipunan Arkeologist ng Pilipinas, Inc. (KAPI) is a non-stock, non-profit guild of professional archaeologists founded in June 1999 by members of the archaeological community in the Philippines. Since its first General Assembly, membership has grown to include professional from other parts of the world with an interest in Philippine archaeology, as well as non-professionals who have made significant contributions to the field.
- Protect and preserve archaeological resources;
- Advocate for archaeological heritage protection and management;
- Promote public awareness on the importance of Philippine archaeological heritage;
- Promote excellence and ethical practice in Philippine archaeology; and
- Work for the protection and welfare of KAPI members.
- Engage in lobbying and policy making for the protection of archaeologists and archaeological resources;
- Enforce KAPI Code of Ethics in Archaeology
- Establish networks and partnerships with other groups and institutions
- Encourage projects and research on Philippine archaeology